Return to
Main Menu












Licking Heights Alumni Association, Inc.
Preserving the Past for the Promise of a Future
P.O. Box 77
Summit Station, Ohio 43073

Steve Wood, President
E-mail Us
Meeting Information and Minutes

Minutes from
Past Meetings
Click Here
Alumni meetings are held on
the 4th Tuesday of the month
at 6:30 pm,
In the LH High School Media Center (Library)
(See schedule for what months)
Membership Form Links Below
Membership 2018 Doc
Membership 2018 PDF


Alumni Meeting Schedule 2018 - 2019
Date Time Location
10/2/18 6:30pm HS Media Center
10/23/18 NO MEETING
11/27/18 6:30pm HS Media Center
12/24/18 NO MEETING
01/22/19 6:30pm HS Media Center
02/25/19 6:30pm HS Media Center
03/25/19 6:30pm HS Media Center
04/22/19 6:30pm HS Media Center
05/21/19 6:30pm TBA /
06/8/19 5:30 pm Doors Open Banquet & Annual Meeting
Save this date and make your plans now!
06/25/19 6:30pm Howard Emswiller's
07/23/19 6:30pm Howard Emswiller's
08/27/19 NO MEETING


Minutes of the Last Meeting

Licking Heights Alumni Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 77 Summit Station, OH 43073
Meeting Minutes for June 26, 2018
Regular Meeting Emswilerís Home

Officers and Directors Attending:
Officers: Steve Wood, Christina Casto, Bev DeNune
Directors: Howard Emswiler, Mike Schuler, Mary (Emswiler) Vickner, BobbieJo (Raver) McCarty,
Members: Barb Triplett, Rosemary Emsviler

President Steve Wood called meeting to order at 6:38 pm.
No Agenda

Last meeting minutes accepted motion by Mr. Emswiler & Seconded Mike Schuler
A question by Bev about difference between scholarships;
What can we do to get the requirements out about the scholarships more? Need to note that one of our scholarships is a skilled trade scholarship and 2 academic scholarships. Steve will get with Amy to make sure that this is well noted for kids going into trades and that they are available for kids going into a trade, not college. The skilled tradeís one was awarded, but not yet accepted as of banquet night. We do need to know the application date.

Presidentís report: No report specifically, but wanted to start planning for next year already. Hearing themes of Hawaiian Luau. Tim may be out of our price range for this theme. Verbal commitment from someone that would keep a hog and feed it and donate it to the banquet. If that person does one, Steve and Herb will do the second and split the cost. Would also be chicken and steak on the skewer with pineapple and something else? Going to look into it more, but wanted approval first before wastes anyoneís time. Got this contact through Jeff. Feelings are that it is worth looking into and see what we can get. Now is the time to start planning for next year. Steve would like to know names of any alumni that we know of that own businesses that we may be able to get donations from. We may need to change the time to 6 pm, people were showing up at 5 pm this year instead of 5:30 pm.

Noise and acoustics were a problem for people unable to hear. The mic Steve used should have solved some of the noise problem, but can change mic out. Discussed different ways to lay out room to help with this problem. Talking during the program continues to be a problem and adds to the noise problem.

Treasurerís report:
Just wrote check to Susan for 211.15 : balance is $4801.52
Motion to pay Bev: Howard, Tina 2nd, passed
Key lime, banana, lemon, cherry, apple pies
Do they give credit for ice cream leftover? No, because once itís out, itís not returnable. Split it to everyone what was left.
See sheet for 2018 Reunion Profit & Loss Summary
Class of Ď58 become honorary members - 60 year or more graduates do not have to pay as members. Still pay for banquet.
Need to promote memberships.
Decorations went over a little, but some of that is storage and such that can be used every year.

What worked, what didnít work?
4 banquet lines worked great
Decorations looked great
Nametags worked well, nice to keep as a favor
Photo booths, opportunities were great

Need help at the nametag table still
Want to sell raffle tickets at the table
Need to figure out what we have on raffle
Need to know who is going to sell tickets beforehand
Try to get someone who is not an alumnus to sell at the banquet that will not want to stop and talk to everyone at the banquet. Try to get a spouse or non-alumni to make those rounds.
Raffle for gun and $100 drawing and then rest of items after $100 draw
Advertisement for what raffles are for, maybe a sign at the front to say what color is for what: blue for this, red for that.
Will need to buy more raffle tickets for next year, will need 2 different colors.
A lot of flak on Facebook on raffling the gun, should we be concerned? Consensus was that response has been good & should continue with how we have been going.
Last year we have revolver, $100 bullet ranch, & $50 bullet ranch. Can extend raffle to include other bigger items also. Need earlier deadline for this. March 1st, to get donated items ready for raffle, advertised & sold.

Things we would like to see changed
Sound - trying to change layout and get them set up better
If change layout so 50 year class is not in front, speakers can be turned up more. Thought is also, more speakers around the room, give more output so do not have to turn up all the way and everyone can hear.
Change culture from eat & go -
Closing time removed from Program time so that Program doesnít seem so daunting - already done
BYOB is already a thing, listed on the form you sign up with, maybe advertise more.
Get people to help sell raffle tickets at event.
Maybe get a list of what is being given out as raffle prizes - at beginning on poster, then put some small ones on each table setting.
Keep date on reservations for early price, after $5 more
Would like to keep the decade colors for nametags next year, helped a lot to keep things found easier.

Prefer the weekend before Fatherís day for the event - next yearís Reunion will be June 8th, 2019
Motion to set date - Tina; 2nd - Mike; passed

Motion to make theme next year Hawaiian Luau - Bobbie; 2nd Tina; passed

Sides for the Hawaiian theme - slaws, sweet potatoes, fruit salads, grilled pineapple, Hawaiian baked beans, etc. other ideas?

Next meeting are we having - yes

Next Newsletter will plan to go out November - plan what want to include at Julyís meeting.

Will decide how much money we will put into foundation at next monthís meeting.

Next meeting July 24th 6:30 pm at Howard Emswilerís home

The website has 3 different prices coming up to maintain domain name for the website. Dan was going to choose best option and pay for it and
-Howard made motion to pay website fees, 2nd - Tina; passed
Every year in the past have paid $130

Motion to Adjourn Bev, 2nd Tina; passed





Minutes from Past Meetings
06/24/04 07/13/04 09/07/04 09/21/04 10/18/04
11/16/04 12/04 No Mtg 01/18/05 02/15/05 03/15/05
04/19/05 05/17/05 06/27/05 07/05 No Mtg 08/05 No Mtg
09/20/05 10/18/05 11/15/05 12/05 No Mtg 01/17/06
02/21/06 03/21/06 04/19/06 05/23/06 061706
06/27/06 07/25/06 08/06 No Mtg 09/26/06 10/06 No Mtg
11/28/06 12/06 No Mtg 01/23/07 02/27/07 03/27/07
04/24/07 05/22/07 06/17/07 06/26/07 07/24/07
09/25/07 10/23/07 11/27/07 01/22/08 02/26/08
03/25/08 04/22/08 05/27/08 Annual Meeting 08 07/22/08
09/23/08 10/28/08 11/25/08 01/27/09 03/24/09
04/28/09 05/26/09 Annual Meeting 09 07/28/09 10/27/09
03/02/10 03/23/10 04/27/10 05/25/10 Annual Meeting 10
07/27/10 08/10/10 Special 10/26/10 12/07/10 02/22/11
04/26/11 05/24/11 Annual Meeting 11 06/28/11 07/26/11
10/25/11 01/24/12 02/28/12 03/27/12 4/24/12
5/29/12 Annual Meeting 12 06/26/12 07/24/12 09/25/12
10/23/12 11/27/12 2/26/13 3/26/13 4/23/13
5/21/13 9/24/13 10/22/13 11/20/13 2/25/14
3/25/14 5/26/14 Annual Meeting 14 07/29/14 09/23/14
11/25/14 02/24/15 04/28/15 05/26/15 06/30/15
07/28/15 09/29/15 01/26/16 04/26/16 05/24/16
Annual Meeting 2016 12/06/16 01/24/17 02/28/17 03/21/17
04/25/17 07/25/17 3/20/18 4/24/18
Back to Top of Page